Rogers Elementary opened in the fall of 1991 and was named for the
former Superintendent of the Mehlville School District, Dr. Robert E.
Rogers. The three story building has 24 classrooms, a library, the Bill
Eydman gymnasium with a stage, an art room, a music room, a computer
lab, a large cafeteria and office. Rogers is located at the southern tip
of St. Louis County next to the Meramec River. Our spacious grounds are
on several levels with the parking lot at the bottom. Our supportive
Parent Organization fundraised for a new playground outside of the
Rogers Cafe. The woods behind the school have been cultivated into a
Mission of Rogers Elementary School is to provide a safe, caring, and
collaborative school community where students become lifelong learners
and citizens of character.
At Rogers, we believe...
- Each student can learn and will achieve
- All students and staff have the right to work in a safe, caring, and positive environment
- Education is the shared responsibility of all community members
- Students take ownership and pride in their learning and behavior
- In establishing high standards of learning that will increase student achievement
- Each communitty member demonstrates responsible and respectful actions
- Instruction is improved and individual needs are met through collaboration and meaningful assessment
- Celebration is necessary to encourage ongoing growth and success
School Community Expectations
- Take care of yourself.
- Take care of each other.
- Take care of your school.
- Take care of your world.